Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data. Or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – https://fishingculture4u.com
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- It is limited to its purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- We processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- To try to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights to:
- access–right to access, meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- rectification– meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data. Which is inaccurate or incomplete.
- erasure– Right to erasure meaning: in certain circumstances, you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- restrict processing– anticipating where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- processing– right to object to processing meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data. For example in the case of direct marketing.
- object to automated Processing– meaning you have the right to object to automated processing. Including profiling. And not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling. That produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- data portability– the right to data portability you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. Or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- lodge a complaint– in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access. We will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Supervisory authority– Right for the help of a supervisory authority.
- It means that you have the right to the help of a supervisory authority. And the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- withdraw consent– you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather The information you have provided us with
This may be your e-mail address, name, billing address, and home address, etc. Mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service. And to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with the web. In order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
The information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, it could be your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any), etc. This information is used to improve the customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
The information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners. With confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either the information you have provided them directly with. Or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly available information
In addition, and in order to ensure that each visitor to any of our websites can use and navigate the site effectively. While we collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address, used to connect your device to the Internet.
- We collect your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and versions.
- Your operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our site.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form. And also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website. You should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Hence, visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
It may use contact form submission information to get in touch with you. We do not use the information submitted through the contact form for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google AdSense and Amazon Advertising on our website and its apps.
Our website uses Google AdSense for:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data. Regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add on.
occasionally, at our discretion, we may include with us. Or offer third-party products or services on our website. Of course, these third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site. And obviously, welcome any feedback about these sites.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to
- provide our service to you (for example this could be registering your account, providing you with products and services that you have requested).
- enhance your customer experience.
- improve our website in order to better serve you.
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract.
- provide you with the information that you have requested.
- be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest.
- ensure the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure.
- personalize your experience.
- allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- manage any communication between you and us.
We consider offering your products/services
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering your products/services. That is similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners).
- for other purposes, we have asked your consent.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes
that are not mentioned here. But is compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing.
- the further Processing would not harm your interests.
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
In case of any need emerge, we will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases, we provide to our trusted partners. In order to either make providing the service to you possible. Or to enhance your customer experience.
For example, we share your data with:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense
- Amazon Associates
How we secure your data
Do we do our best, to keep your Personal Data Safe? Yes’ we use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. It does not use vulnerability scanning or scanning to PCI standards.
As we believe, we have appropriate security controls in place to protect personal data. Despite, We do not have any control over what happens between your device and the boundary of our information infrastructure. You should be aware of the many information security risks. The risk that exists and takes appropriate steps to safeguard your own information. Thus, we do not accept any liability in respect of breaches occur beyond our field of control.
Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. So, it will do everything we reasonably can, to prevent security breaches. And to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Keeping privacy is our ethical obligation. Have an account with us? note that we have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. And of course, we do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
However, a cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. This store information used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. So, you can control your cookies at the browser level. And choosing to disable cookies may limit your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies– required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. It doesn’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies– provide functionality is makes using our service more convenient. And makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms. So, you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies– used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies– Certain cookies used to deliver advertisements. This is relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, we use these to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. These are usually placed on the website by advertising networks. It happens undoubtedly, with the website operator’s permission. So, these cookies remember your number and times of visiting the website. And this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
Anybody may opt-in to saving their name, email address and website in cookies. By leaving a comment on our site. These are for your convenience. So you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. Those cookies will last for one year.
After having an account and if you log in to this site. We will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. Also. this cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Trusted third-party services
We may also use trusted third-party services to track this information on our behalf.
You can turn on your computers warning system. While you receive a cookie from us or others. Or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Just you do this through your browser settings. And you can also remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
Turn cookies off won’t affect your website experience.